The new Nexus 4 smartphone was introduced by Google today.
The smartphone is the product of a joint effort between Google and LG.
Nexus 4 :
The Nexus 4 is an upgraded rendition of LG’s Optimus G smartphone. The Nexus 4 will have the newest version of Android 4.2. This new version of android isn’t a major upgrade from Jelly Bean, but will provide for some new features and tweaks.
“LG is proud and excited to play this role in helping build the latest Nexus smart-phone. Users will be delighted by the perfectly balanced combination of form and function with the latest generation of Android.”, said Dr. Jong-seok Park, President and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company.
Here are the Nexus 4 specs:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor with 1.5GHz Quad-Core Krait CPUs
- Operating System: Android 4.2, Jelly Bean
- Network: 3G (WCDMA), HSPA+
- Display: 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPS Plus (1280 x 768 pixels)
- Memory: 8GB / 16GB
- RAM: 2GB
- Camera: 8.0MP rear / 1.3MP HD front
- Battery: 2,100mAh Li-Polymer (embedded) / Talk time: 15.3 hours / Standby: 390 hours
- Size: 133.9 x 68.7 x 9.1mm
- Weight: 139g
- Wireless charging, NFC
There will be two unlocked versions of the Nexus 4 available for shoppers, the 8GB model will be available for $299 and the 16GB model will be available for $349. Both the models will be available starting November 13.
T-Mobile will be offering the 16-GB version for $199 with a two year contract. T-Mobile launches their Nexus 4 on November 14, 2012.
Here is Google’s video on the new Nexus’ features, with a look at the phone and Google’s new Nexus tablet. What is your take on the new Nexus 4? Share your thoughts the comments section below.