At the end of May, Amazon Prime members will able to instantly access HBO programming.
This comes on the heels of a $20 price increase of the annual subscription price to $99 which took place in April.
Amazon Prime currently provides members with direct access to thousands of movies and television shows that can be viewed on a mobile device (such as the Kindle), a home PC and your home television (through a number of devices.)
There will be a virtual treasure trove of HBO goodies, such as.
• Complete runs of HBO Original Series’ The Sopranos, Deadwood, Extras, The Wire, Rome, Eastbound and Down, Enlightened and Flight of the Concord.
• Documentaries like You Don’t Know Jack and the Iceman series.
• Select seasons from current series such as Boardwalk Empire and True Blood.
• Award winning HBO Original Mini-Series John Adams, Angels in America, Band of Brothers and Pacific.
• Other current series such as The Newsroom and Veep will become available at a later date.
HBO Go will be available this fall on Amazon’s Fire TV device, a voice activated device that will stream video to your television.
Unfortunately not all of the HBO series will be available. Game of Thrones, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Sex and the City and Entourage are on that short list.
That said, there are still thousands of hours of viewing to absorb, the most difficult part will be choosing which to watch first!
Will you be picking up Amazon Prime? Dropping Netflix?
Leave your comments below!