YNOT released their new 2013 Gulper Backpack in Toronto, Canada this week. According to the company, this backpack named after the Gulper eel “has the ability to morph in size and shape, which allows it to carry anything and everything”.
Bulkier items can be carried on the outside of the pack using the front elastic strap while interior contents remain dry and secure in the separate lining. This new model features a liner that is significantly lighter than previous versions and just as effective guarding against moisture. Reflective YNOT decals on the 2013 Gulper Backpack provide enhanced nighttime visibility.
Other features include:
– Front accordion pocket
– 2 side pockets with grommets
– Aquaguard® water repellent zippered pocket
– Removable internal foam back pad and back plate
– Elastic strap for compressing or expanding the backpack according to various loads
– 100% waterproof backed floating separated liner made from 420D high-density nylon
– Reflective light loop
– Slots for optional waist belt (sold separately)
– SWOOP Laptop Sleeve compatible for safe laptop storage
– Outer layer made from 1000D CORDURA® and sewn with no. 69 nylon thread
– Made in North America
Retail price is $199. Available in large (volume: 34-50 L) and small (volume: 22-30 L), in 16 different colors. The 2013 Gulper Backpack may be ordered online through YNOT’s website or select retailers.
Would you spend extra money on something made in North America, or would you settle for a cheaper product made offshore? Let us know in the comments below.