The new Xbox Live update has begun rolling out.
“Today we’re starting to roll out the official release of the update to Xbox LIVE subscribers around the world. To ensure a stable release, this will be a gradual deployment across subscribers and regions over the course of the next week.” informed Major Nelson on his blog.
The update will be in phases, as mentioned above by Nelson. This will be a step to ensure a smooth and fault free roll out.
After the update, new features will include:
- A new Xbox 360 Dashboard with a new layout, a combined TV & Movies channel and, in the US, a Sports destination.
- Internet Explorer for Xbox.
- Recommendations and Ratings. This will include the ability of players to rate content, and view Rotten Tomatoes ratings.
- Pinning. Players will be able to pin TV shows, games, music, videos and websites to the home screen.
- A new video store called Xbox Video.
- Recent. Used to be called Quick Play.
- Enhanced Search.
- Kinect voice search will now work in 9 new countries – Canada, France, Germany, Japan, Mexico, Italy, Spain, Austria, and Ireland.
This is the second big launch for Xbox users today. Xbox Music just rolled out for Xbox 360 and will soon be coming out soon for Windows 8 PC and phones.