Yahoo! is preparing to launch it’s own original TV shows.
Perhaps they would be better referred to as ‘web shows,’ though with a smart TV, they can certainly be watched on TV.
Oh, what a tangled web is being woven now that TV and internet are morphing together!
But on with the shows…
Coming this Fall, Yahoo! will be introducing three shows of somewhat dubious value:
- “Tiny Commando” – about a four-inch-tall private investigator/crime fighter. Created by and stars Ed Helms.
- “We Need Help” – Yahoo! describes this one like this: “Cheryl Hines and Rachael Harris exploit their shared personal assistant.” hmmm.
- “Losing Your Virginity with John Stamos” – celebs are interviewed about their “first time.”
Yahoo! is investing in original programming and this is the best they can come up with? I’d be embarrassed.
Later on this year there’ll be a few more shows streaming on Yahoo! These appear slighter more respectable:
- “Fashion Recipe” – a clothing show where Brett Alan Nelson details how to get the most out of one one piece of clothing.
- “Cinema & Spice” – Julianna Strickland and Natasha Feldman talk food and film.
- “Grill Girls” – Yahoo! says this is a working title for now. As indicated by the title, this is to be a cooking show with girls and grills.
Yahoo also signed deals with several consumer brands and media partners who’ll provide news and programming.
Yahoo COO Henrique de Castro said that this signals “where Yahoo! is headed: beautiful product experiences, exciting new content, big partnerships with the largest media brands, and extraordinary new ad experiences.”
Beautiful product experiences?
We won’t hold our breath.
What do you think of Yahoo’s new shows as described?
Leave your comments below or join us on our new forum!