Los Angeles International Airport will be home to the first 7-Eleven store to be located inside of a U.S. airport terminal.
A grand opening ceremony will be held on June 24, 2014 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
LAX’s 7-Eleven will be located in the pre-security area of the new Tom Bradley International Terminal.
Designed to mirror a typical 7-Eleven store, the setup is designed to have a familiar feel and accommodate the needs of both travelers and airport employees.
The LAX 7-Eleven will sell hot and fresh food, snacks, beverages and other items tailored to travelers such as motion sickness remedies and travel size toiletries.
Unlike most 7-Eleven locations, the store inside of Los Angeles International Airport will not be open 24 hours. It will remain open from 6 a.m. to midnight daily.
Additional items available at the new Los Angeles International Airport 7-Eleven include the following, according to the company:
FOOD ON THE FLY
• Hot food – 7-Eleven’s galley offers hot pizza, both whole and by the slice; chicken wings and tenders, Go-Go Taquitos, nachos and mini-tacos, Doritos Loaded, breakfast sandwiches and empanadas, Big Bite® hot dogs including a bacon-wrapped version, and an LA favorite – The Dodger Dog, the same 10-inch long frankfurter that is wrapped in a steam bun and sold at Dodger Stadium, but for only$2.11. 7-Eleven is the only retailer selling this hot dog outside of the stadium.
• Fresh-made-daily sandwiches — Italian Sub, Cranberry Chicken Salad, American foot-long sub, Chicken Bacon Ranch Melt, and Smoked Turkey and Cheese; entree and side salads, and fresh-cut fruit like apples, pineapple, strawberries, grapes, kiwi and mango; fresh veggies and an accompanying dip
• Fresh snacks — hummus, guacamole and yogurt parfaits
• Baked goods – both fresh and packaged, including Cinnabon Gooey Bites
• Snacks and more snacks – granola, energy and protein bars, chips, crackers, nuts, trail mix, pretzels, cookies, cereal, candy, gum, 7-Eleven’s own 7-Select premium snacks and the ever-popular beef jerky
BEVERAGES – COFFEE, TEA OR SLURPEE
• Iconic drinks, like Slurpee® and Big Gulp® beverages
• Coffee and tea – both hot and iced, along with hot chocolate and cappuccino drinks
• A vault full – energy drinks, sports drinks, juice, lemonade, bottled tea and coffee drinks, smoothies, soft drinks, milk, water and much more
PUBLICATIONS, PERSONAL CARE AND MORE NON-STOP CONVENIENCE
• Forget something? Visitors to the store will find 18 travel-sized items
• What ails you? Store will offer over-the-counter motion sickness, stomach acid and allergy relief
• A variety of the most popular magazines and newspapers
7-Eleven already operates close to 60 stores in airports around the world and plans to add more stores inside of terminals at other U.S. airports during the next few years.
Travelers can find more information about the new 7-Eleven located inside of Los Angeles International Airport at www.7-Eleven.com.