The newest season of “Dancing with the Stars” is approaching, and is expected to feature celebrities such as Nancy Grace, David Arquette, Ricki Lake, Ron Artest (Mr. Courteney Cox), Kristin Cavallari, Hope Solo, Robert Kardashian, and Chaz Bono.
Basketball star Ron Artest will join the TV host Nancy Grace, the quirky actor David Arquette, and the former gabfest host Ricki Lake. Also joining the cast will be Kristin Cavallari of “The Hills,” soccer star Hope Solo, Robert Kardashian, and the war hero J.R. Martinez.
This season’s “Dancing With the Stars” will also feature its first transgender contestant, Chaz Bono, who recently has undergone female-to-male gender reassignment surgery.
Senior Producer of “Dancing With the Stars,” Deena Katz, states that the audience will quickly learn the stars’ true colors. “There are some strong personalities,” she says. “Any time it gets people talking, obviously that’s a good thing. It gets people watching. This first show is definitely going to be water-cooler talk.”
Here is this season’s official dancing dozen!:
• David Arquette, 39, actor (the Scream series)
• Ron Artest, 31, pro basketball player
• Chaz Bono, 42, transgender activist son of Sonny and Cher
• Elizabetta Canalis, 32, Italian model and George Clooney’s ex
• Kristin Cavallari, 24, reality-show star (The Hills)
• Nancy Grace, 51, HLN talk-show host
• Rob Kardashian, 24, reality-show star (Keeping Up With the Kardashians)
• Carson Kressley, 41, celebrity stylist
• Ricki Lake, 42, talk-show host and actress
• J.R. Martinez, 28, actor and Iraqi war veteran
• Chynna Phillips, 43, singer (Wilson Phillips)
• Hope Solo, 30, women’s pro soccer player
The show’s 13th season begins Monday, Sept. 19, at 8 p.m. ET on ABC. The first elimination – where the first couple will be sent home – will take place Tuesday, Sept. 20.