Fleet Week 2015 is docking in NYC!
Fleet Week (now in its 27th year) is a week long event filled with concerts, ship tours, aviation demonstrations, search and rescue demos and more.
The event run from Wednesday, May 20 through Tuesday, May 26 and will feature 3 U.S. Navy Ships, 4 U.S. Naval Academy Yard Patrol boats and 2 U.S. Coast Guard cutters on Manhattan and Staten Island.
In addition, about 1,500 sailors, marines and coast guardsmen are expected to be on hand participating in these events.
All events are free and open to the public, but some tours may have a cut-off time in order to ensure everyone gets a turn so if you can, get there early.
Here is a list of event dates, times and more:
Parade of Ships: Wednesday, May 20th- 10 A.M. (EST)- 1 P.M. (EST) New York Harbor. Ships can be seen along the Hudson River from Battery Park to just south of the George Washington Bridge.
Public Ship Tours:
· Pier 92, Manhattan; USS The Sullivans Pier, Staten Island; The ships in Manhattan and Staten Island are open to the public from Thursday, May 21- Monday, May 25, from 8 A.M. (EST)- 5 P.M. (EST).
· Pier 86, Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, Manhattan; The Navy Patrol boats are open to the public from Thursday, May 21- Friday, May 22, from 10 A.M. (EST) – 5 P.M. (EST).
U.S. Navy Dive Demos: Thursday, May 21 – Monday, May 25 – 8:30 A.M (EST) – 10 A.M. (EST); noon – 1:30 P.M. (EST) and 3 – 4:40 P.m. (EST) at USS The Sullivans Pier, Staten Island.
U.S. coast Guard Search and Rescue Demos:
· Thursday, May 21 – noon – 2:30 P.M. (EST) Coney Island, Brooklyn.
· Saturday, May 22- noon – 2:30 P.M. (EST) at Pier 92, Manhattan.
· Sunday, May 23- noon – 2:30 P.M. (EST) at USS The Sullivans Pier, Staten Island.
In addition there are various concerts throughout the week, aviation celebrations, Memorial Day Parades and more- for a complete list of all events visit the official Fleet Week NYC website.
Will you be taking part in Fleet Week NYC? Tell us if you plan to attend or share your favorite moment if you do below.