The National Football League Player’s Association (NFLPA) has released their top selling jerseys for the second fiscal quarter (June 1- Aug. 31).
The list has the normal high profile players and the top player might be a bit of the surprise. The NFLPA not only ranks players based on jersey sales, they also rank them based on “total overall sales of all officially licensed products” that includes things like bobbleheads, Fathead wall decals, t-shirts, and other NFL licensed products.
Here is the list of the top 10:
1. Russell Wilson, QB, Seattle Seahawks
2. Peyton Manning, QB, Denver Broncos
3. Colin Kaepernick, QB, San Francisco 49ers
4. Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots
5. Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers
6. Dez Bryant, WR, Dallas Cowboys
7. Johnny Manziel, QB, Cleveland Browns
8. Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans Saints
9. Jason Witten, TE, Dallas Cowboys
10. J.J. Watt, DE, Houston Texans
As you can see the Quarterback is the most popular position in the NFL with seven of the top ten spots being held by the signal-callers.
Offense is what wins also with nine of the ten spots being on the offensive side of the ball, J.J Watt being the only defensive player.