The force is about to be with you…
Force Friday is here, featuring the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys, gadgets and more.
In addition to all the cool merchandise there will also be midnight openings and special store events Star Wars collectors and fans won’t want to miss.
To help you keep track of everything here is a list of what stores are offering, what events are planned and anything else you need to know:
Target: 207 Target stores nationwide will open at midnight on September 4th, with all the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens items.
You can go to Target.com/starwars to find a store near you.
On Saturday, September 5, Target will have photo ops, giveaways, and much more in-stores for Share the Force.
Target also has launched Share the Force: an interactive experience that allows you to connect with fans around the world and share Star Wars memories and stories.
Visit sharetheforce.target.com to participate.
Toys”R”Us: Toys”R”Us and ToysRUs.com have launched “Destination: Star Wars“ — to celebrate all things Star Wars on Force Friday.
All Toys”R”Us stores will open at midnight, with special giveaways, including an exclusive Star Wars poster and a limited edition LEGO Star Wars Commemorative Brick, while supplies last.
In New York City Toys”R”Us in Times Square will have a Star Wars party starting Thursday, September 3 at 9 A.M. (EST) with activities scheduled throughout the day, including:
• A book signing and meet and greet with Steve Sansweet, CEO and president of Rancho Obi-Wan, Inc., director of content management at Lucasfilm Ltd.
• An art class and meet and greet with Star Wars and science fiction artist, Jeff Carlisle
• Star Wars product demonstrations throughout the store, including 3D Plus Me Star Wars-themed 3D action figure creations, video gaming on Disney Infinity 3.0 Star Wars kiosks and more.
• A LEGO Star Wars make and take
• A Lightsaber Academy with members of New York Jedi, a group of martial artists and teachers who share stage combat techniques.
• Ice cream flavors inspired by the Star Wars saga from Scoops“R”Us and Star Wars-themed cookie decorating at a “Wookiee” Cookie Party, both on Level 1
• Star Wars trivia, a costume contest, and other prizes, while supplies last
• The unveiling of the Toys“R”Us Times Square Star Wars feature shop on Force Friday, September 4 at 12:01 A.M. (EST).
Amazon.com: Amazon.com is celebrating Force Friday with a variety of new Star Wars products, as well as deals on select Star Wars items.
Amazon will also be hosting a giveaway of the Star Wars Legendary Jedi Master Yoda, Collector Box Edition on Facebook.
Go to https://www.facebook.com/AmazonToysandGames! for more details.
Disney Store: Disney Store locations in New York City (Times Square), Chicago (Michigan Avenue), and San Francisco (Stockton Street) will all be open for Force Friday midnight madness!
Doors open at 12:01 a.m. on September 4, with the first 1,000 guests getting a free Star Wars: The Force AwakensD23 commemorative fan poster.
On DisneyStore.com, fans can enjoy special Limited Edition products, as well as free shipping on all Star Wars items from September 4 – 6.
On Thursday, September 3, the Disney Store on North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, will host 1 of the 14 live toy unveiling events that will be happening world-wide to reveal new toys.
Fans can watch the event via CT, HobbyKidsTV, a family-friendly YouTube channel that is part of the Maker Studios network.
They will broadcast live from inside the store starting at 9:30 A.M. (EST) as new products from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, available exclusively at Disney Store and DisneyStore.com are unveiled.
On Force Friday all Disney Stores in North America will open for business with Star Wars-themed ceremonies.
Other activities taking place at Disney Store locations (except for Disney Store Outlets) include:
• A free commemorative Star Wars: The Force Awakens pin for the first 100 guests (with purchase).
• R2-D2 craft activities, Star Wars Story Time, Art of Drawing: R2-D2 demonstration, Free Topps vintage trading card giveaway (with the completion of an in-store event) and an Epic Star Wars theme that honors both the dark side and the light
Go to www.DisneyStore.com/ForceFriday! for full details.
Are you planning to celebrate Force Friday?
Tell us what you plan to buy or where you’ll be shopping below and be sure to follow all my latest consumer news reports on Twitter!